Alcohol Occasionals 2022 – Call for proposal submissions
Scottish Health Action on Alcohol Problems (SHAAP) and the Scottish Alcohol Research Network (SARN) invite researchers to submit their research proposals for the 2022 Alcohol Occasionals series.
The 2022 SHAAP/SARN Alcohol Occasionals will be based on the theme of Alcohol and Society. We are interested to hear from researchers from any discipline who wish to share their research relating to this theme at our 2022 seminar series with an audience of fellow researchers, practitioners, policymakers, and the public. We welcome presentations from new and early career researchers and/or international researchers. We envisage these seminars will all take place online or hybrid (both online and in-person, in Edinburgh).
There will be four seminars, all 12:30pm-2pm UK time:
- Thursday 31 March
- Wednesday 20 April
- Monday 23 May
- Tuesday 21 June
- The proposal must relate to the theme (Alcohol and Society)
- The proposal should be written clearly and be structured using the following headings: Background, Methods, Results, Conclusion
- Word limit: 300 words (excluding title)
- Ensure all authors have approved the submission
- Provide funding information and declare any conflicts of interest
The deadline for proposal submissions is 9am, Monday 7 February.
With the presenter’s permission we will record and share each seminar recording, and we also write an event report to further disseminate research findings and discussion points from the seminar. Previous event reports can be found on SHAAP’s website: https://shaap.org.uk/downloads/alcohol-occasionals.html
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to reviewing your proposals.